Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 4 picks

Dave’s Picks
New York Jets @ Buffalo – Shut down cornerback Darrell Revis should be back for the visiting Jets as they travel to Buffalo to take on the Bills.  I expect Quarterback Mark Sanchez to have a very productive day throwing the ball against the Bills defense plus the Jets defense is the best in the league.  I think that the Jets are going to win by seven.
San Francisco @ Atlanta – Atlanta plays amazing at home. Their offence is explosive which is led by Matt Ryan.  They are coming off a very impressive win last week against the defensive champs. San Francisco is struggling to say the least, and they have fired their offence coordinator during this week.  On the road San Francisco is a terrible team.  I think that the Falcons are going to win by seven.
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh – This is my personal favorite game of the week.  These teams always play each other tight.  I like the Baltimore Ravens in this game if Ray Rice is playing. I think he will make a big difference because the Steelers defense is the best in the league.  Joe Flacco had an impressive outing last week and I expect him to carry that momentum into this week’s matchup.  I pick the Ravens to win by three.
Houston @ Oakland – I am surprised at the spread of this game.  Houston should have little or no problems handling the 3.5 spread in this game simply because they are a way better team on both sides of the ball.  Oakland has a new Quarterback and I don’t think he’s going to do well against the Texans defense. I pick Houston to win by seven.

My Picks
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh – According to Dave these two teams have always had a tough time against each other. Trading wins every season and winning games with the spread points not more than three. I’m definitely looking forward to see what happens between these two teams during Sunday’s game. I’m curious to see if Ray Rice is going to play or not and how the Pittsburgh Steelers are going to play without Ben Roethlisberger. I think that the Steelers are going to go 4-0 without Big Ben. I pick the Steelers to win by three.
San Francisco @ Atlanta – The Atlanta Falcons has a great offensive line and their quarterback Matt Ryan seems to be getting better each game, just look at the last game he played against the Saints and they won with a field goal in overtime which I think was luck by the way. We all know that the Falcons is a great home team whereas; the San Francisco 49ers is a bad away team but that does not mean that miracles can’t happen. The 49ers are desperate for a win right now and I think that they just might have what it takes to win one against Atlanta. I think that the 49ers are going to win by three.
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville – After that embarrassing game Jacksonville lost against the Eagles due to Michael Vick’s all star performance they have to match up against one of the best quarterbacks in the league Peyton Manning and his Indianapolis Colts team. The Colts is a much better all rounded team than the Jacksonville Jaguars and for that reason I think that the Colts are going to win by seven.
Cincinnati @ Cleveland – The Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis has played great in weeks one and two but the Browns are going to need more than that to beat the Cincinnati Bengals.  I think that the Bengals defense is going to stop the Browns run which is all they really have and if Chad Ochocinco comes back alive this week then it’s all over for the Browns. I pick Cincinnati to win by three.
Carolina @ New Orleans – The defending champs, the New Orleans Saints is my favorite team and I would like for them to win the Super Bowl again this year. I think that they are a very complete team although their offense has weakened a bit due to the injury of Reggie Bush. I think that they are a team that fights to the end no matter what. California is struggling right now and is yet to win a game. That’s not going to change on Sunday because I think the Saints are going to win by seven.
New England @ Miami – A lot of people has been talking about this game and they think that it has the potential to be a division tie-breaker game. I agree with everyone that thinks that because these two teams are almost evenly matched. The New England Patriots has a great offensive line but their defense is horrible and we all know that defense wins games. If the Patriots can play defense on an average team’s level then they will walk away with the win on Monday for sure. I pick the Patriots to win by one.

2 comments:

  1. there's been a lot of injuries these last few weeks, makes me questions if extending the playing season next year to 18 games is the way to go. Also i hate how the media and fans are all over Vick, hes playing good and they love him but when he was getting arrested everyone hated on him. I guess that's the life of a pro athlete

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty amazing that one of you guys picked Atlants to win over the 49ers. I know that a lot of peple thought that there was no way that team would go 0-4, but I guess that Atlanta just presented too much of a challenge for them with their strong passing game, it was still a close game though. I think the Indianapolis game surprised a lot of people, it's hard to predict those types of games.

    ReplyDelete